Callout Tool bug?

Would someone please advise if I am doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

In my Callout Tool preferences, I have the shoulder length set to say 10mm, and this length shows up when I am clicking the two points for each end of the leader, but after I enter my callout text, there is no shoulder line. It doesn't matter if I'm doing Shoulder-to-Arrow or Arrow-to-Shoulder, the shoulder just will not appear. And adjusting the shoulder length in the OIP simply makes a marginal adjustment to the space between the leader line and text.

I'm sure you've tried this but try setting the Callout Preferences (the box to the right of the callout choices, that has a black and a white dot in it) "Shoulder Length" to something much larger than the 10mm (which is very small to begin with). If it now becomes visible, maybe the 10mm is just too small. If it doesn't change, than I'm just as stuck as you are...

I am having the same problem. It appears that the callout tool is incorrectly using the layer scale for only the sholder length field, as opposed to paper/print scale or 1:1. In other words, while the 10mm high text is 10mm when printed, it is not 10mm relative to what's on the layer. All of the other fields seam to be working fine, but the shoulder length is using the 10mm value as relative to the model. This of course is incorrect, and looks to be a vw2008 bug.

The workaround is to set that value to something much greater just to make it look good. Of course when NNA fixes the problem, this file will open up with sholder line much too big.

I know nna is aware of bugs in the Call-out Tool, but just for the record, here is what I find on OS 10.4.10:

- The Max Text Width fields won't accept numerical input.

- When you originally create a call-out, the text in the editing window is clear and the right size. But when you double-click a call-out to edit the text, the text in the editing window becomes vanishingly small.

- The Call-out Tool doesn't retain its settings from session to session as many of the other tools will now do.