Another Vote for 3D dimensioning!

mark@custom

Question

13 answers to this question

George,

I realize it's not 100% of what you are looking for. I was trying to provide an option rather than nothing at all.

There are many users who are not aware of vectordepot.com. I try to suggest it as often as possible.

Katie,

The restrictions of VW's 2D environment seem to be inhibiting the development of some features (3D dims & text) that users have been asking about for some time. The earliest post I could find on this subject is dated 01/05/00.

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=7&Number=6601&Searchpage=2&Main=1677&Words=%26quot%3B3D+dimensioning%26quot%3B&topic=0&Search=true#Post6601

George

Edited by G_Hannigan

Is this one of the most amazing things possible ... or what !

A 20yr old App. claiming to be a fully integrated 2d/3d design&engineering environment...lacking the ability to dimension in 3d ( ortho-iso or whatever ) !

Somebody had better send that kid back to school.

You can design and Render that fancy-schmancy 3d Cube in Vectorworks... just don't try to dimension it ; )

Thanks Katie,

I've been using the 3d dimension conversion plugin from vectordepot. As has been stated, it converts the dim's to 3d polygons and the conversion seems to require lots of "malice of forthought" regarding the text size and class management.

It's a bummer that the dimension arrows and etc go away during the conversion process.

I think I'll try OZcad next.

Thanks again.

Edited by mark@custom