flyover tool

could someone help me with the flyover tool please

im trying to rotate around my view with the flyover tool and also while it is in open GL

sometimes i am able to rotate while retaining the model but the majority of the time it is always re-rendering the model everytime i move the thing

when i happen to get it right and it works it is always by chance and i am not sure what i am clicking to make it work . this is most frustrating . thought id worked it out last night at home on my pc by switching to the working plane each time before i moved it around

but when i got to work this morning on the mac no such luck . for a bout 5 minutes this morning it worked but i have no idea what i did to get it that way.... please help

OpenGL uses Video Processor & VRAM. Your refresh depends on the available VRAM.

Using NURBS with Low>Medium settings conserves VRAM... same goes for 2d/3d resolution settings.

Your Fly-over speed should equal your FPS refresh if OpenGL is to appear visually seamless.

There are a lot of tricks including using Symbols whenever possible...OpenGL loves cleanly programmed Symbols like walls & doors & windows. Also, matching the texture scale DPI is essential ( only use textures with resolutions matching the output ).