LW Import Issue

michaels

I just started working with VW 2008, and I'm having a problem with importing information from LightWright. I execute the export and import procedure exactly as indicated in the manual, and it does not work as expected. When working with previously created files from VW 12.5.2, no instruments are updated, and all imported lights appear as orphans. This problem persisted, so I created a new file in VW2008 with only about 15 lights on it, exported it to LW, added channel numbers, then exported it back to VW. They were added as orphans, and when I checked them, their information fields are mixed up (dimmer numbers in the device type field, for instance, or external IDs in the instrument type field).

I'm working with LW4.1.7, and this problem never came up when using VW 12.5.2. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If orphans are being created the UID\Enternal ID are not matching for some reason.

If you are using the automated actions or a standard mapping file try doing it manually, especially if you are using ones from 12.5. Also after you click the autolink button make sure the fields actually match.

Make sure that when you export from LW you fill the fields with a "-" and that when you import into LW you tell LW to convert "-" to blank.