Fonts vs GDI

I've been informed by Tech Support that many of the TrueType fonts that I would like to use are not going to be compatible with VectorWorks.

("With fonts that are not standard or native to your operating system, some will work with GDI on and some will not. You may benefit from visiting the tech forums on our website and seeing what architectural fonts people are using in VectorWorks 2008.")

If anyone knows of an architectural style font that works with GDI turned on, I would appreciate a response.

Thanks!

Edited by Lefty

Graphical Device Interface.

GDI is a Microsoft Windows interface for representing graphical objects and transmitting them to output devices.

GDI is similar to QuickDraw for Apple computers.

In order to show transparency, GDI must be turned on in Vectorworks.

I would like the labels on my plans to have a hand lettered look.

Thanks Petri.

GDI is listed under File>Vectorworks Prefs>display (at bottom of list) I don't know what it is, but I tested it with Adobe "Graphite" font and another font "Tekton" both of which look like hand lettering from an Architect. To my surprise, it is true that when GDI is turned on, the "Tekton" font changes appearance and looks more like "Arial" font, but it seems to work fine (no garbled letters). The object info palette still shows it to be Tekton. The Graphite font looks and works well under both situations.