Sign in to follow this  
triebner

Smart points snapping

hiya...

I seem to have lost the ability to snap to smart points. The extension lines have stopped popping up and it's causing quite a bit of frustration. The Smart Points constraint is supposedly on, but it's not actually doing anything...

also...the ortho snap has gone a bit bonkers/doesn't work at all.

anyone have any tips?

I've had that sort of thing occasionally. Try these things:

Closing & reopening the file.

Quitting & reopening the application.

Shutting down & restarting the computer.

Often one of the first two seem to help. (Don't ask me why.)

Hi Two reasons I have had this happen to me is the smart points is deselected for some reason or if I hit a number key by accident and change the view I hit "0" and put it back to 2d view and everything is working again.

Tom

Hi All,

I am having the same issue with smart points. It works with the line tool but not with the wall tool. When trying to use smart points with the wall tool selected, the floating display will pop up with "L" as the first input item compared to "X" when smart points is working properly. I tried quiting, closing, etc. without any luck.

Rob

The first field of the floating data bar adjusts depending on which mode you have enabled, and the type of object you are drawing.

What settings are checked for the floating data bar?

Hi Katie,

The settings that are checked for the floating data bar are the top line of each section which I assume is the standard configuration. Note that the smart points will work with the line tool but not with the wall tool.

Is the issue that the first field is the Length field, or is the issue that you are not getting proper cursor cues when drawing walls?

The issue is that when I try to use smart points to locate a new wall I hit "G" to activate, hit tab and then the data bar shows "L" as the first input. I tab over to "X" and input a value but when I go to place the wall I don't get a dashed line and hence smart points is not activated.