step and repeat

mike-h

Is there a feature, like in illustrator etc. (I think its apple D there?) to repeat the previous action? I've modelled some joists individually and want to repeat the action of duplicating and moving by 600mm (cmd+alt+shift then drag by 600). This is really useful in illustrator I assume its possible with VW?

Option-drag by the 600, then say cmd-D as many times as needed.

Or use Duplicate Array.

Or duplicate, then move the created object to the relative position desired and continue duplicating.

Or use the Move/Duplicate tool.

Or read the manual - it's all there.

It appears that the duplicate in a new postion is somehow tied into the the Offset Duplication preference. With Offset Duplication turned off (my personal preference) then the first and third options above do not work.

Pat

thanks - I'm sure its all in a book somewhere, but I'm a poor wee student and my VW book spend is already about ?100, on top of the programme. I have the Resolve Architect training workbook for v12 (which doesn't have an index!), and a quickstart guide to 10.5. My book budget is pretty well spent up. Anyone moved on to VW2008 want to part with any books for v12?

With Offset Duplication turned off (my personal preference) then the first and third options above do not work.

One of the things I check with every user... "Off" usually means tens of duplicated object on top of the originals. "Why can't I see the selection handles?" "These quantity report calculations are not correct!"

thanks - I'm sure its all in a book somewhere, but I'm a poor wee student and my VW book spend is already about ?100, on top of the programme. I have the Resolve Architect training workbook for v12 (which doesn't have an index!), and a quickstart guide to 10.5. My book budget is pretty well spent up. Anyone moved on to VW2008 want to part with any books for v12?

Press F1 for Help.

One of the things I check with every user... "Off" usually means tens of duplicated object on top of the originals. "Why can't I see the selection handles?" "These quantity report calculations are not correct!"

Yeah, that can be a problem. With it on though you have to go back and align (either by eye or by command) everything. Most of the time when duplicating (both for me and the users I train), after duplicating something you want to move it relative to the postion of the first object. Offset just makes that harder. To each his/her own. I guess that is why it is a preference ;-)

Pat