2008 Plant Symbols

jonahdicker

This "improved" tool is killing me!!! The five defaults are awful so I have meticulously followed the instructions for adding new ones and it causes VW to crash and/or freeze every time. I have tried the xFrog files that came with the software and the iSymbol files I used in 12.5 and I get the same resault. The new images will appear in the 2d default file but once one is selected the system crashes. Only the initial five images are selectable. I have removed and reinstalled the software only to experience the same problems again. PLEASE HELP!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can use ANY symbol to define a plant now. Just drag any of the xfrogs onto the drawing, select them, then on the Landmark menu you can create a new plant. If you want 3d, just double click the plant to get into the symbol editor, choose 3D and drag a 3D plant (maybe from xfrog)onto the 3D locus that's sitting there. You can still use your symbols from v12 if you want to. Just open the file they are in, and export them all to the 2d defaults file that comes with VW2008.