VW 2008 Plant Tool

Ozzie

This "improved" tool is killing me!!! The five defaults are awful so I have meticulously followed the instructions for adding new ones and it causes VW to crash and/or freeze every time. I have tried the xFrog files that came with the software and the iSymbol files I used in 12.5 and I get the same resault. The new images will appear in the 2d default file but once one is selected the system crashes. Only the initial five images are selectable. I have removed and reinstalled the software only to experience the same problems again. PLEASE HELP!

Edited by jonahdicker

Have you tried the ones in VW2008/Libraries/Plants/Plant Objects. There are two files - Plant Object Lines and Plant Objects.

If you try one from Plant Objects in a new file you will notice 'fill' Classes which you can change.

Dunno why you are crashing though.

I put both of these files in my Favorites to use as I want to

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You should be able to drag any of the xfrog or V12 symbols onto your drawing, then select them and use Landmark / Create New Plant. You can then define your plant as normal. Once created, if you edit the symbol which results in your resource browser, you can choose teh 3D part of the symbol and choose a 3D view from the Xfrog libraries - it should snap to the 3D locus. It's SO MUCH EASIER because you can just draw a symbol on your drawing if you like and then turn it into a plant.

Tamsin