Printer Setup Disabled and Print Command Not Functioning VW 2008

JGraber

Question

I am not sure if anyone has had this problem, but when attempting to change the print size in document settings or page setup by selecting a new printer using the 'Printer Setup' button....nothing happens. Similarly, when I just choose Print from the File menu I get no response. I have verified that these options work correctly on the same PC with VW 12.52. Also, I started receiving an error about the Microsoft C++ Visual Runtime Library upon VW 2008 startup and the program just shuts down. All of this may be specific to Vista 64-bit, but I am not sure.

2 answers to this question

The video driver was updated 2 days ago before VW2008 install. This was for a design layer that I was setting. I believe I found the problem. I had a network printer installed that did not have the correct driver installed so I decided to uninstall the printer, once I did this the button functionality enabled without me even having to restart VW2008.