Stretching Walls not Constrained

dcont

Has anyone noticed that when stretching the length of a wall while holding the shift key doesn't always keep the angle of the wall constrained?

Here's what I did. I selected the wall, clicked the endpoint and while holding the shift key, shortened the wall. I did this a few times to be sure that I am holding the shift key down when I lift the click to shorten the wall.

Others in our office have noticed the same thing on other computers, all using VW2008.

Is there something that I am missing.

365-StraightWall.png366-Notstraightwall.png

Edited by dcont

Grid snap is not enabled. I copied a couple walls from my file into a blank document and it still happened. Again, it is not a consistent thing. I tried it with a wall created from scratch, unstyled and it still did it.

Edited by dcont

Hello:

This is very similar to the issues I have been having with constraining of walls, lines, etc. while drawing. The issue appears randomly (though consistently) for me as well in blank new files using unstyled walls, unmodified workspaces, etc. For myself, this is a fresh, new install of VW2008 on a new Mac without any plugins, etc.

There seems to be no logic to the values of the 'constrained angles' walls/lines snap to. The tooltips that identity the 'shift-constrained' wall/line seem to have no relation to the coordinate system of the drawing or each other for that matter. For instance, the tooltips that read 'horizontal' and 'vertical' are definitely not perpendicular to each other or the orthogonal system of the model. The values, as dcont states, appear completely random.

The databar seems to work fine only if I do not enter any values or if I do not try to constrain the wall/line I am drawing.

Perhaps there is an obvious convention or setting I have overlooked, but something seems not quite right with the databar.

Patrick