Hidden line render mode seems to miss corners

I have created an extrusions based framing detail and when viewed in perspective or iso under hidden line the corners of the extrusions seem to intermittently not display. If I rotate the model I can sometimes get the corners to show but it is a hit or miss.

Is there some setting I am missing? This did not show up in V12. I checked off the GDI and made no difference. Also let VW control graphics display.

With my models I like to export the FQRW image and overlay with the hidden line image. Looks bad when the corners skip.

Any suggestions?

Pete A.

I submitted this as a bug.

To further show what is happening...

Original hidden line view

DframeHLsmall.jpg

Changed view slightly and got this image. It's better but not perfect.

DframeHL.JPG

Finally with the second image hidden line on top of FQRW inage.

DframeRNhl.jpg

I can get things to work but its a hit or miss operation sometimes taking three or four tries to get it right. When you have a complex model you can spend all day waiting for an image and find you need to throw it out because of imperfections.

Pete A.

Thanks Islandmon for the kind words.

The wood grain turns you on...huh.

If you build it don't forget to take a picture and email it to me.

I was watching another thread on the importance or usefullness of 3D/2D. 3D can bring to the table visualization and for those who don't have the ability to see structure from a 2D plan visualization can make the difference in getting the job done right. The best thing about 3D is its accuracy when extrapolated from a 2D environment.

I'm shootin' for accuracy of function within the form.

My grandfather used to say..."Boy! quit bein such a lacky...did you know they spell lacky...s-i-s-s-y...whipersnapper, get back to work".

Pete A.

Andrew,

I can send you the file. All of the extrusions are on thier own layer and seperated by class. It's in 13 so I will purge, zip and send the entire drawing with the framing detail layer on.

The funny thing is that if you move the model just slightly you'll get better results. But it is very intermittent.

Thanks,

Pete A.