Space tool

My space tool has stopped giving me the space area yesterday every thing was normal, tried copy paste from 12.5 but that gave me a bitmap. When I deleted an older space with space area I could not get it back with area, where do I look please?

I restarted VW to no avail

Got it it was unticked in additional data

Edited by mar schrammeyer
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The space tool was substantially changed/upgraded between VW12 and VW2008, and the workflow changed also. You can now customize the list of additional data that you wish shown with the space name/number. Here's what to do:

1. Check the "Show Additional Data" dialog box in the Object Info palette; if this alone does not fix the problem,

2. Click the "Set Additional Data" button and choose Area from the list; move it from the left list to the right.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone successfully used the "proposed area" feature of the space tool? I'm having a little trouble. If I enter "1000" sq.ft. in the Proposed Area dialog box for example, the tag displays "PAREA: 0.011 sq ft". If I change it to "10000", the tag shows .108 sq ft. No matter what I do, it is off by a factor of roughly 92,904. Can anyone confirm whether they have the same problem in VW2008?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David