Sign in to follow this  
alan tk

3d walls

could someone possibly tell me the best way to create 3d walls in fundamentals.

the wall tool or extrudes or nurbs curves.

having problems putting in doors and windows with the wall tool as i have to subtract solids and then that part of the wall looses its properties

with the extrude im always continually having to adjust everything

oh so many ?s

I can't even imagine doing walls (efficiently) without the Architect package. Which version of VW are you using? Out of curiosity, what is the motivation for using Fundamentals?

You're running up against the limits of the Fundamentals package: it's not easy. Since we don't use that package, I'm not much help with respect to a "best way". Perhaps others here will have more useful input.

Good luck,

hi travis

im using fundamentals because its what they use here at work. ive only been here 6 weeks and am trying to get my boss to use architect.

thanks for your input though, it is much appreciated

While walls have a lot more functionality in Architect,

Fundamentals supports viewing, and editing walls in 2D and 3D, though in VW 2008, the new 3D wall creation functionality is only in Architect.

Paul

having problems putting in doors and windows with the wall tool as i have to subtract solids and then that part of the wall looses its properties

You certainly can place doors & windows to walls with Fundamentals without subtracting solids.