Immoble Label legends

khelvig

I created seventeen instruments on a position. I assigned them all a label legend and filled in the related information. Once this displayed I had a couple of instruments that the 'color' needed some position adjusting. As I moved down the electric I found that three of the seventeen lights would not allow me to adjust any of the items in the label legend. Refreshing the label and the instrument had no effect. This seems to be happening randomly across my plot. Sometimes the new instruments will allow the change sometimes they will not. It is baffling. I am not having this problem on any of my other plots. Has anyone experienced this before?

khelvig-

I have experienced unmovable label legends before. As you described, it seemed to be only certain fixtures on the plot. I was under a deadline at the time, so I just worked around the problem. Problem was experienced with VW 12.5.x under XP Pro. I just opened that file with VW 2008 and the problem still exists, so it appears to track with the file. I would be happy to submit the file to NNA if it would help.

-haich

The drawing is in VW 12.5 and the problem does seem to track with the file. The odd bit is that it also is restricted to certain files. Most of the time I have no problems and am able to move any label legends on all units. I worked around the problem by copy/paste-ing units that had no problems and then changing the data (including the symbol) in the object info window. At this point it is more of a curiosity then a pressing problem. I wonder if it does not stem from older drawings that were converted up to 12.5 or perhaps there is a selection in preferences that is or is not selected.

... probably not the solution, but worth a try...... on the selection tool setting buttons, make sure the interactive scaling mode button is switched on. It may have been inadvertently switched off by mistake..... happened to me a while back and took me about half an hour to try and work out what I had done wrong......

Just a thought.

Mark

It was neither interactive scaling nor a class issue. It seems that the problem is isolated to drawings that I did not create from scratch on my own. Is there something in the creation of label legends that someone could be accidentally messing with? It is just weird that it is a problem with some lights and not others.

When this happened to me, I opened it in VW2008 saved it, then exported to VW12.5. Everything worked. This looks to me like a corrupt file problem. You probably don't have a VW2008 lying around to use.

First try opening a fresh file and workgroup referencing all the layers in the drawing. If that doesn't work, try exporting the file as Vectorscript and then importing the Vectorscript file. I'm sitting in tech rehearsal at the moment so I can't walk you through this, but the help files are pretty good.

HTH