worksheet not show volume "cu ft"

Take another look at your volume formula. The number in the database header is 29 Cu. Ft. I bet you have 29 rows in you database.

The number in the database header is normally either a count of the number of items in the column if the items are not numbers, or the sum of the column if they are numbers.

The "value" in row 2.1 is 328.7. This is way more than the "sum" of 29 that I would expect.

I think your formula is somehow returning a string rather than a number. The worksheet can then not apply the formatting to it becasue it is not a "number".

Pat

After taking a look at the file, I can unequivicably state that we are both right!!!

VW does correctly put the Volume units in when formated to do so and the column contains a number.

Your formula of =(space.volume) is the correct one to get the data you want.

The problem is that there is a bug in the Space Object!!! The Volume parameter is formatted as Text rather than a Number.

This means that you are getting a column of text where you think there should be a number and the volume units are not showing.

Two possible work arounds:

1. Go into Tools:Scripts:Plug-In Editor. Select the Space plug-in. Click the Parameters button. Scroll down to and hihglight the row that says Volume. Click Edit. Change the Type from Text to Number. Click OK.

2. Put in a different formula. Instead of using space.volume use (Space.Area)*(Space.'Extrusion Height') This has a minor difference from the space. volume, probably due to rounding errors, but it does not seem like much.

Pros and cons:

1. Pros: Fixes the problem. Seems to be stable.

Cons:Fix will have to be repeated every time the Space plug-in is updated. If you are already on 12.5.2, there will probably not be more updates and this should not be a problem.

2. Pros: Must remember and use the more complicated formula every time.

Cons: Slight Rounding Error.

In either case, the Space object has been substantially reworked in VW2008, so this does not appear (tested) to be a problem there. space.volume shows the unit marks OK in 2008.

Pat