Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Animation

Has anyone done any animation stuff in VWScript? Besides the talented Julian. part of our Graphics Syllabus is a section on locii. The tracking of a point through space like tracking the path of the valve on a car tire. Pretty good fun if you are easily amused. I wrote a plugin a few years ago that creates the path. This week I have decided to animate the wheel ( like the examples - crank and gears in the Goodies folder in VW). I have stayed with a plugin that allows you to change the diameters of the wheel and value point etc. The only problem I have is when the animation occurs it always occurs on the screen at world coordinates of (0,0) and rotation of 0. If you place the plugin object anywhere else if works fine- except for the animation which takes place at (0,0).

Bob Wagner

This brings up a good point regarding lost opportunities. When "Goodies" was first included with the install of Minicadv6 ... i think ... there was an effort by Graphsoft to create a series of plugin objects for various process animations beginning with gears & cranks & pumps. But as far as I know that code development was discontinued.

Now imagine if v2008 included a Plugin Palette with hybridObjects which could be linked to create various OIP process animations beginning with basic Tool functionality and then, allowing for the integration of mechanical events along an OIP control path. Functionality similar to what is now commonly accomplished in Java, Flash, and, of course, Mathematica.

Let the development begin.