2008 Fonts

Hello everyone.

First a word of thanks for participating in these forums. Reading the posts has been helpful to me.

I recently upgraded and have noticed that OpenType fonts that I was using in 12.5 do not display properly in 2008 (even though they are listed and can be selected).

TrueType fonts work fine.

Does 2008 support only TrueType fonts now?

Are you on a Mac or PC?

What is not displaying properly about the font?

If one a PC, Go to VW Prefs and see if you have GDI imaging checked under the Display tab. If you do, uncheck it and see if the problem persists.

Katie,

My operating system is XP on a PC.

You were correct, I unchecked GDI imaging and the font displays properly.

Islandmon,

I understand what you mean about PDF & WWW. If I send a DXF or DWG, I will choose a common font. I plan to use the TrueType to Polyline command before exporting to PDF.

Thanks Katie & Islandmon for your help!

I plan to use the TrueType to Polyline command before exporting to PDF.

The TrueTypeToPolyline command specifically provides for the creation of extruded 3d Text from TrueType Fonts. There is no other reason to use it. PDF conversion will attempt to embed all your available fonts or use a default monospace font replacement like Courier or Geneva.

Islandmon,

I tried a PDF experiment to test the exporting of fonts in VW2008.

I exported a drawing containing a font that was installed by me.(without using the TrueType to Polyline command).

When I rebooted the computer after deleting the font from windows, the missing font appeared in the PDF.

Hopefully, when I send a design to a client, they will be able to print it with the chosen font.