Lost in the mail?

johnb

Having recently ordered the VW2008 upgrade, I have just been told by my supplier that they were expected last Friday but did not arrive. Their comment was "we have no VW2008 in the UK at present". They hope to deliver next week.

With such a major new product why were stocks not put in place before the launch?

My money's on Computers Unlimited screwing up. Of course that's without a shred of evidence, but it is based on two observations:

1) In the five years I've lived in the UK I'm yet to come across a company that demonstrates any form of competence. (e.g. 4 months with internet down at work, 5 weeks and counting trying to get a washing machine fixed, 6 months trying to get a replacement DVD writer, 3 months with cable TV down and counting, etc., the list is endless)

2) Computers Unlimited has it's fingers in a lot of pies; VectorWorks is just one of many software titles it distributes, as opposed, say, to the likes of OzCAD In Aus and Megabits in NZ, both of which are dedicated to distributing and localising VectorWorks in their respective countries and do a good job of it.

Although CU do put on a reasonably good VectorWorks conference, I'll give them that.

They hope to deliver next week.

Upgrade arrived this morning - very smart box. Inside, another very smart box. Inside, VW2008 DVD!

Start to install, where is serial number? Very smart boxes are devoid of any numbers at all. Try previous number but of course does not work.

Contact supplier who sends new number, does not work. The last digits do not match my dongle registration!

Now waiting for another number, or am I fated never to use Final Gather?