Tangent/Tangent cue

J Lucas

Robert and Katie: I only have the Constrain Tangent constraint on. I tried reseting the VW Preferences and then increasing the snap radius. I tried several settings for SR. Anything 30 and over seems to act like an angle constraint and the object/tangent cue shows up but not tangent/tnagent cue. When I click the object/tangent cue the line does not jump to the tangent of the second circle but is placed where I click. With the SR set to 25 or less the only cue I get at the second circle is the object cue. It must be some silly thing I am doing wrong, but I do not know what.

You won't get the tangent cursor cue if you click on the circle and move away. The tangent cursor cue only displays if you start the line away from the circle and snap to the point of tangency along the circle.

Try this and see if you can get a tangent cursor cue.

Do you get other cursor cues?

If you are on Mac, try running disk utility. If you are on Windows, you may need to update the video driver.

I discovered what I was doing wrong. I had the line tool in constain mode. Once I turned that off the tangent/tangent cue shows up. Thanks to everyone who responded. I am learning Vectorworks and the support on this forum has been great! In my humble opinion VW 2008 is great too. Moving from autocad, I have been repeatedly thrilled by what VW can do.