drawing at one scale, printing at another

eas

This is an endless issue I suspect.

I am printing plans at 1/8" and 1/4".

I do not want to reduplicate information. Text scale and IPO scale is the big issue.

The Advanced Properties in the viewports go a long way to to getting things to print correctly. But VW's handy tools like Space do not scale well.

How to other firms deal with this?

The best solution we have come up with is to draw at 1/8" and accept some weird graphics when printing at 1/4".

I had replied to your email - it either got lost or is still in my drafts folder. I apologize.

Are you seeing the difference when you change the layer scale of the VP, or when printing (but the layer scale change displays space objects correctly) ?

I did a test.

The change shows up both on the screen in the sheet layer and looks the same when I print out.

The number box is too small and it also looks like the text is changing size but staying in the same place--so the spacing is off.

Did you get my test file that I sent?

I can't duplicate it. When I do this, everything scales proportionately. I haven't printed, but it doesn't appear to be a print-specific issue as you are suggesting the problem appears on the screen.

I haven't gotten any files from you. Would you retry?

Weird that the scaling problem isn't happening for you--it has happened here on projects changing scale in both directions--say drawing in 1/8" and printing at 1/4" or the other way around.