Sorting Plant Data Base

Thom

Admittedly not the smartest computer nerd, after all I am a design guy,is there away to sort out all the plants that are in zones 1 - 7. I can get all the plants in zone 5, but how do I get all the plants in 1-7? Also, is there a way to add a column that shows hardiness zones?

This is in VW 2008.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you familiar with how to create a new plant list? If so, simply add 'Hardiness Zones' from the list on the left to the list on the right. If you have created a new plant, you'll have to go into the Plant Data (located beside Cost Data), find a similar plant, duplicate it, and either fill in the zones if they are wrong, or use the ones there. I just tried it and it will list them the way they are listed in the Plant Database. I tried to add a column on an existing plant list but didn't have any luck. Maybe something else knows how.

VW 12 Help - same deal

Search for Worksheet Columns

and Look at 100. Worksheet Commands

Also when Editing a WS - expand the page so you can see all of the WS particularly the bottom right corner.

Hover your mouse on the bottom right corner of the bottom right cell and a little angled icon appears

Drag down to add more rows and right to add more columns

CruisnLong

I am talking about sorting when putting together a proto plant list, not after the plants have been inserted into the dwg. I would like to be able to select a plant list that only has zones 1-5. If you ask the plant database to sort multiple zones it will only do a zone at a time.

Yes, I am talking about in the plant database itself.

At the beginning of each project, I will create a specific plant list for that project, depending on what I am accomplishing. I also work within several different plant zones. I would like to be able to select more than one plant zone at a time to sort by.