How to expand/extend a 3d polygon

STILL a newbie.

Using 12.5.2 - Designer.

Working on a single family residential project. Have the house modeled and want to create a ground plane. I have elevations for the grade at each building corner (4 total) and the property line location. I've drawn a 3d polygon using 3d loci at the building corners so I have a sloped plane under the footprint of the building. I'd like to extend this plane to the property lines while keeping the 4 known elevation points in their present location.

I've tried stretching, reshaping, and several other things but nothing does what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to extend/expand my 3d polygon to the property boundaries without affecting it's elevation?

Thanks.

You can try converting your plane to a NURBS surface, then create a NURBS "box" by converting an extrusion at your boundary to NURBS surfaces. Then use the Connect/Combine tool to extend the plane to the boundary surfaces. This is a bit fussy, and sometimes doesn't succeed. The DTM method can take more time, but is more certain to give good results.

If your pad is planar (ie sloped in only one direction), you should be able to use the working plane palette to set the working plane to the face of the pad. Then you can use the reshape tools to move the corner verticesout to the property bounds.

Or, you can create 3D polygons (trapazoids) that run from the corners of your pad to the edge of the propery lines (in Top/Plan view). Then adjust the z height of the corners.

Or as has been suggested before, learn to use the DTM which was designed to do the type of thng you are asking.

Pat

I have elevations for the grade at each building corner (4 total) and the property line location. I've drawn a 3d polygon using 3d loci at the building corners so I have a sloped plane under the footprint of the building. I'd like to extend this plane to the property lines while keeping the 4 known elevation points in their present location.

Actually you need more than one 3D-polygon, (i) logically and (ii) to get proper rendering: you have to create triangles. 3D-polygons should not be use to model non-planar surfaces; that's what NURBS-technology is for.