Program slows WAAY down when I added hatches

Becky

I have VW version 11, PC (Dell Diminsion 4600). The screen regeneration speed when I was moving around or creating objects was fine until I started adding in hatches. I'm working in Landmark mode, and a lot of the areas I hatch are ones where I've turned polygons into plantlines. It's not an excessively big file or a lot of detail (8,100 KB, with hatches). Once I started hatching objects, it slowed to a crawl and I can barely get anything done. I checked my computer and I'm pretty sure I have enough space to run the program, it's been set to give priority to running programs, and all I have open is VW. Computer doesn't need defragging, I have no idea why plain 'ol hatching would do this to me.

Anyone know what this can be? Computer too slow (it shouldn't be) or bug or something else?

Thanks!

Becky

Problem is with panning and zooming.

As for new driver & updating, Done and done. Still no improvement. Running Nivida GeForce FX5200. When getting into Vectorworks after updating it notified me I have a newer version of Quicktime than what was provided with Vectorworks. Don't know if this could be the problem, and right now I can't find where I put the disk to change to the old QT.

Any other ideas on what it could be, unless the driver itself is too weak?

Thanks.

Becky

Edited by Becky
  • Administrator

VectorWorks 12, 12.5, and 2008 have each added significant performance improvements to various aspects of hatch drawing in different contexts. You should ask for an evaluation copy of one of the newer releases and explore your files using the newer software. It is likely you will see significant improvements.