Help - can't import symbols

Ok, i'm trying to learn how to use VW.

I gotten to the point of creating symbols, very cool. However now that I have generated a few I can't import them back into the document they where creted in.

I go to the resource pallete and it won't let me acces the drawing I have them in if I have that drawing open.

I can use the symbols in other drawing though

What's the point of creating the symbol if I can' use it in the drawing it was created in.

I have to be doing something wrong here!

Mickey:

The symbol is already in the drawing that you created it in. Use the pull down bar on the resource palette to select the drawing title you are in. The symbol will then appear.

If this is not working for you still, please call Technical Support at (410)-290-5114 and we will walk you through the process.

------------------

Brian O

Diehl Graphsoft, Inc.

Technical Support

OK I've tried that.

my drawing is in: My documnets/CAD files/Vector

When in the resource pallette I have the vector folder selected it shows the availble drawings. When I click on the document I want nothing happens, If click on a differnt document it opens and show the available symbols in that document.

So when I'm have the drawing open the symbols for that drawing are not available

????????????

In the resource palette if you use the pull down menu that defaults to the VW folder, at the bottom of the pull down list you should see the title of the active document (the drawing you are currently using). This is where you select the active document to access its symbol library. You dont browse for the active document.

OR

You can also access all of your symbols from the object browser. You can locate this in your palettes menu. Its kind of a simpler resourse palette.

Good Luck