VW 2008 Does Not Remember Window SIze (Mac).

One day into VW 2008 and I love it! Nice job you Nemetschekions. One thing that I had hope would be fixed or changed (depending on whether you consider it a bug or not), is that VW would remember the last used main window size. This was a problem for me with VW 12.5.2 & still with VW 2008. I keep my dock on the right side of my screen and I have my VW pallets to the right of the dock. I size my drawing window inside the pallets. When I close and then reopen my document, the window size defaults back to full size and under my pallets. Maybe there's a way to resolve this that I don't know. Please tell me if there is a solution.

Edited by Bruce Kieffer

PeterT, It stopped working again. I moved the top palette so it touches my dock and it works again. I think you've hit on the reason this happens. Indeed the top palette must be touching, or under the dock, then the VW preference settings of palette margins both or right work. I say this is a VW bug. My dock changes size as I open and close applications, so keeping the top palette touching the dock is difficult. If I place it under the dock, then I can't use the palette's scroll bar. I see only two solutions... I move my dock to the bottom of my screen, or Nemetschek will have to fix this so the preference setting works relative to the left side of the top right palette as claimed in the preference setting, irrelevant of the dock position or size.

Bruce

I don't know if this is any help to your problem, but did you realise that the dock can actually reside just outside your screen, so it isn't visible until you move your cursor to the edge of the screen?

With Finder showing, go to the Apple menu>dock>dock prefs and select the bottom box "automatically hide & show dock". The dock will disappear from your screen.

When you reopen VectorWorks, you can have the pallettes right at the edge of the screen with your drawing page just beside. It buys an extra strip of screen that the dock would otherwise occupy. Confuses the hell out of PC users as well.