Collaboration Google Docs

It looks like Google docs supports basic document file types such as DOC, XLS, ODT, ODS, RTF, CSV, PPT, etc.

These are generally file formats for text-based documents.

As an alternative, you could use an FTP server to upload / download your VW projects with your clients.

To view a VW file, the person needs the VW viewer one way or the other.

I think the purpose of Google docs, at least for now, is for streamlined collaboration on general documents, hence the support for Microsoft Office-ish file formats.

I'll see about finding a way to request this for the future.

P.S. - I've been to Bozeman and it's beautiful!

Another alternative may be using 'blogware' or similar type of applications that allow access to a variety of file types (images, .DOCs, .PDFs, etc.). Wordpress for example, has a wealth of plug-ins to control users, features such as calendars, photo galleries (think project galleries/updates), interactive commenting, etc. These features could be adapted quite well for projects. Of course the intended use would need to be considered with respect to the application's EULA. Ultimately, the simplest options are the 'old-fashioned email to clients' as PDFs or Katie's suggestion of hosting files on your FTP/web server. But there are some other options in the same 'price' range as Google Docs.

Hope this helps!

Patrick

Don't think it supports native Acrobat 3D export - not at the machine right now so can't remember, but that doesn't matter as any 3D object from any application using OpenGL can export to Acrobat 3D. What you don't get is the feature tree, or in VW case the layering. Acrobat 8 is fully supported as standard (non) 3D pdfs with layering and classing. Also if you are using ACROBAT 3D you can of course export the drawing files from VW then add a few 3D PDFs into that document using Acrobat itself (which in most cases would be better - eg - add the model view relating to the drawing sheet onto that sheet).

Personally I'd love to see something like E-drawings export from VW - see http://www.solidworks.com/pages/products/edrawings/eDrawings.html