Win 98 run time error

With some 3-D objects when I use the command key to duplicate I get a run time error in the VW exe file and the dialoge box says "abnormal program termination" and windows quits VW. Does anyone understand why this happens?

Also some tools group mode keys will occasionally display black, along with the saved sheets and zoom tools in the lower left corner.

I have a GW2000 P3 800 W/ 256 mb Ram and a G-Force N-Vidia 32 Mb Card with the latest drivers.

Thanks

Mike:

Please make sure that you have no other programs up and running in the background. There may be some that launch on startup and do not show actively on your desktop, such as anti-virus software. This sounds like it is possibly a memory issue relating to low GDI resources (video).

If there are no other programs up and running then there could be a memory leak that is causing this, however there is no way to pinpoint this specifically.

VectorWorks uses a great deal of these resources while running, and any extraneous programs running will add to this, causing a shortage in your resources.

Also, you can check your virtual memory settings as this effects 3D quite a bit.

If this does not work or is not the situtaion, please contact Technical Support at (410)-290-5114 so that we may persue this in more detail.

------------------

Brian O

Diehl Graphsoft, Inc.

Technical Support

[This message has been edited by Brian O (edited 04-18-2000).]