custom lighting position problem

PowerPC

I created a custom light position (a curved position because there is none in VW12) for the space I am working in. My "Object Info" is telling me that the light position is in "Class: None" and "Layer: light Position." However, the position is grayed out and I can't click on it. After turning on and off my classes one by one I found that if the "drapes" class is set to on or active, then my custom position shows up. How can I get VW to put give it back its correct attibutes? i.e. not grayed out when its class and layers are active.

I tried deleting and creating a new position, and this worked fine, though I had to give it a new name (VW wouldn't let me use the same name even tough it was deleted). However, because it is a curved position (and was created from an arch) the position name is nowhere near the location of the position so I renamed it manually with the same name ... when this was done it defaulted to the problem listed above. if I renamed it with a different name manually the psotion vanised ... what the heck is going on here ... can anyone help me?

Thanks

p.s. does VW2008 have curved ligting position? If not, WHY!!!!

Is your light position a 2D/3D hybrid?

You may have created the 2D part of the symbol in the drapes class. If so, you should be able to edit that from the resource browser.

But to solve your problem, if you delete the lighting position from the resource browser or rename the one in the resource browser, you can use that name again. I think that will also solve your reverting to the previous dissapearing light position problem.

BTW, creating a curved lighting position is no different from creating a non-curved lighting position. What would a curved position tool do?

HTH

Michael K