VW13 worth the wait?

altoids

Petri:

Please see below:

OK. (I don't know how to get images to be shown like that here!)

What I'm looking for it something like this (see below) but obviously not as detailed. Why I did this detail, was to show you how a Typical cross section though a building in South Africa is done.

Fair enough. Very nice-looking and informative stuff!

However:

- a Typical Cross Section is, as I've stated before, an abstraction

- the ability to generate a Detailed Cross Section along any Section Line is not necessary in the context of BIM

Disclaimer: my context is large projects, not houses. With single residential buildings, contracted individually, the BIM concept is pretty much totally pointless.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Post an Image:

Ability to attach images to posts without external URL

What this means:

You can attach an image, similar to attaching images to an email, to an individual post.

To attach an image to a post, follow the steps below:

Create a New Topic or use the "Reply" button within a thread to create your post.

Click on the "File Manager" link.

*Note: You may have to click on the Preview Post button before the "File Manager" link is available.

Use the new box to browse and upload the file.

(See image 4-1 and 5-2 below)

If you use the Quick Reply (typing in the box while viewing a post), you do not have access to adding a file.

You must use the Reply button at the bottom of a previous post within a thread.

** This only works for Mozilla 4 compliant browsers. (Should include most current browsers)

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=79098&page=1#Post79098

To Post an Image:

Ability to attach images to posts without external URL

What this means:

You can attach an image, similar to attaching images to an email, to an individual post.

To attach an image to a post, follow the steps below:

OK. I'll try this for small images. Thanks!

I didn't mean that, but I do like decency. My point was that with a link only, one can choose whether to view the image; with an attachment (or whatever you call it), one can't. Unless proven wrong, I still assume that there are people with modem connections accessing this forum.

(Hopefully not with 300 baud modems - my introduction to Electronic Mail and other new-fangled stuff 25 years ago.)