Texture on roof fascia

JulieK

YOu are not doing anything wrong. The word "Side" as it applies here refers to Gable Ends. There's a couple ways to get where you want to go. Perhaps the easiest if it works for you, is to simply use a color instead of a texture. This color will show up everywhere that the textures don't (and will be there in top/plan view, which may require some special class(es) and class overrides in the CD stage). Next on the list is to create the parts you need as extrudes and then texture the extrudes. HTH;s

The fascia option produces an edge board to the eaves edges. You can control its width and height, but you can't control where the top of it is located. That is determined by the extension of the roof slope. Ideally you should be able to define how far down it is located so you can then model a gutter using Extrude along Path. So if you wanted to have a gutter with a 75 mm (3") high back edge you could nominate the height down as 100 mm (4"), Assuming the roof cladding thickness of 25 mm (1").

A really intelligent Roof object would include options on an edge by edge basis for:

- fascias or eaves gutters and facias for each eaves;

- barge boards for gables; and

- barge boards for the dutch gables (gambrels).

• 13 years later...

Don't we have an option to control the Graphic properties of roof fascia?, just checking here

I'm using VW 2021 and I don't find a setting to control roof fascia texture and 2d graphics.

I want to show my roof in dotted line in plan view when I use VP class override I'm able to control other parts of the roof but not the fascia.

Can you explain if there is a way to control the graphic attributes of roof fascia?

Edited by Rishie