Speaking of Editable Worksheets...

td4stage

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Editable Worksheets are gone for 2008! We now have 2-way editable database worksheets. You can create your own by using the create report command or use the preconfigured ones available in the Library\Defaults\Reports~Schedules\Spotlight Schedules.vwx.

• 3 months later...
Editable Worksheets are gone for 2008! We now have 2-way editable database worksheets. You can create your own by using the create report command or use the preconfigured ones available in the Library\Defaults\Reports~Schedules\Spotlight Schedules.vwx.

Ok...so I have a worksheet created! How do I sort by two columns? Also, for example, Part of the units for my FOH are at the top of the worksheet, and three units are way down at the bottom of the worksheet. How can I get them to list together?

Thanks!

Patrick posted this same quesition on the VW Theater list and I answered it there. Below is what I said

In VW2008, you can sort by more than one field.

1. Select "Create Report..." from the Tools/Reports submenu.

2. Select "Objects with a Record" from the "List all:" drop down menu.

3. Select "Lighting Device" from the "Listing objects with record" drop down menu.

4. Select the columns you want to display.

5. Click the "OK" button.

6. When the worksheet appears, enlarge to taste.

7. Click on row 2. That is select all of row 2. Not row 2.1 and not row 1, but row 2.

a. if row 2 does not appear, but row 2.1 does appear go to the drop down menu in the worksheet and be sure "Database Headers" is checked.

8. Row 2 is the Database Header. Once it is selected the little icons that look like cell phone bars will appear.

9. Select the sort up icon and drag it to the primary field you want to sort by. Place the icon on the column you've selected in the "Database Headers" row, row 2.

10. Do the same thing again with another sorting icon for your secondary sort field.

11. If you wish you can have a tertiary sort field.

**** TRICK ****

Since all the fields that you care about are text fields, the will only sort alphabetically. Be sure to include any "Alt-" fields in the worksheet if you want to numerically sort.

i.e. Alt-Chan, Alt-Dim, Alt-Unit, Alt-Circ.

Put the sorting icons in these columns to sort by Channel, Dimmer, Unit Number, and Circuit Number respectively.

Once you have created this worksheet, you do not have to create it again as you make changes, but you do have to remember to occaisionally do a "Recalculate". You can make a worksheet for each kind of sort you desire and have them open at the same time.

Version 08 of AutoPlot Tools for SpotLight (www.autoplotvw.com) has commands to make an editable Channel worksheet that is sorted by the appropriate "Alt-" fields with one menu selection, and a command for an editable Instrument Schedule worksheet appropriately sorted. If you desire, you can change the sort fields (where the sort icons are) in either of them.

• 3 months later...