Help, all my lines are curvy

So, i'm new to CAD in general, but i'm working on a drawing and everything is working fine...Drew everything i needed and it worked great for me. Now, i'm trying at add walkways as a last minute thing, but for some reason every time i try to draw a straight line with the line tool, i get a curvy line...what did i do and how do i fix it? Thanks.

So, i'm new to CAD in general, but i'm working on a drawing and everything is working fine...Drew everything i needed and it worked great for me. Now, i'm trying at add walkways as a last minute thing, but for some reason every time i try to draw a straight line with the line tool, i get a curvy line...what did i do and how do i fix it? Thanks.

Sounds like you may have inadvertently turned on the "Sketch" feature. From the menu bar, try choosing :

View > Rendering > Wireframe

So i have another question... i drew my walkways by finding 6 points (im turning a PDF drawing of a building into something i can actually use) on my plot, the four corners of the walkways, plus 2 center points (since the walkways are curved) and then used to polyline tool to create the curved long sides of the walkways and the straight line tool to close it off at either end. Now, im exporting this into a real time rendering program (ESP Vision), so i extrude the walkways. But, because of the fact that i just made a box out of lines, i just get 4 extruded lines. How can i convert what i drew into a "surface" that i can extrude so that when rendered, it looks like a 4" high flat walkway (or close enough)? Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Jeff,

1. Draw your curved walk CL (only);

2. Use the 'offset' tool to create offsets to your two edges;

3. Draw straight lines as closure at beginning and end;

4. Select your edges (2 lines, 2 polys) and use 'Compose' command;

There's your shape. Now you can extrude, make a slab, or hardscape, or whatever.