Reality check on the latest show pony

Petri

Petri,

The advantage to Custom Modification is you can make changes regardless of layer/class visibility. And you can synchronize attributes in one step. You cannot do this with custom selection in one step.

The plant database file can

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petri,

I don't see it as the "show pony", to use your words.

Feedback received notes how important it is to add real images to planting plans. These images need to be stored in a manner for easy access. Since the plant database stores everything else relating to plant specs, it makes sense to also store images and crediting info for those images here.

In this scenario, everyone in your office is going to use the same image - you won't have User 1 using one image, User 2 using another image - and then you end up with inconsistent images in planting plans.

You can simply drag and drop or copy paste from the internet within the same interface. You don't have to switch back and forth, or fuss with saving an image to the local computer and then finding it to add to the database.

You can also access plant spec info from sources on the internet right within the same interface, eliminating error.

We are all welcome to our own opinion, I suppose.

Okay - I'll post an image on this one.

You can now set the dashed line length and space with a page unit numerical value, rather than just using the slider.

Previously, it was next to impossible to create a dashed line style with specific measurements.

(Sorry for the low DPI)

When I saw the feature "Specifiable dashed line lengths" I thought this was going to be amazing. Now I could have 2 lines with the same linetype but at 2 different scales. This would help seeing sometimes I have some short lines and it becomes a bother to create a whole new line type just for those lines. But now with your explaination, Katie, this seems to be something totally different. Can't we have something like AutoCAD's Linetype Scale?

Thanks,

Petri,

I don't see it as the "show pony", to use your words.

Feedback received notes how important it is to add real images to planting plans. These images need to be stored in a manner for easy access. Since the plant database stores everything else relating to plant specs, it makes sense to also store images and crediting info for those images here.

Well, it's just that several of my landscape architect clients in my IT-consulting days told me how important something like this is - but then never really used the systems I set in place. It proved to be too time-consuming, too rigid, too hard.