default class settings

I have set up all my drawing 'layers' as classes and use the layers only for different scale or 3d modelling and layer linking. This works very well except that there already exists two default classes one for dimensions and one for hatches. No matter how many dimension classes I create, all dimensions end up on one class which is very annoying. I don't mind the hatches ending up one class so much as one usually turns all of them on and off at the same time. I s there any way around this ? can I disable this default setting? Thanks JB

Unfortunately, any time you use the dimension tool it will automatically go into the dimension class. By default, the Dimension and None classes are created with every document. Some tools you can use and have them create in a specific class as you do so, however dimension lines are one of the few that you cannot.

You can, however, change the class in the Object Info palette immediately after creation. I know it adds one more step in the process, however it really is rather painless and quick to change if you keep your Object Info palette open.

You may set any attributes you wish to assign to the various classes in your Classes menu and the dimensions will take on these attributes.

For more information regarding class attributes and the use of classes please review 3-15 to 3-27 in your included manual.

------------------

Brian O

Diehl Graphsoft, Inc.

Technical Support

One technique which may help is to use the custom selection tool to select all objects in the Dimension class. Once you've done this, you can change the class for all those objects at once.

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@diehlgraphsoft.com