12.5.2 crashing - memory read error

mali

Question

We are NNA distributors and we have a customer with an unusual problem described below.

They started having constant crashes (even when idle with a blank document open) after updating to 12.5.2.

Can you give some ideas on what this could be if you have seen something similar or any other suggestions.

Excerpt below with problem detail....

---------------

Yesterday VW just started crashing on me after we updated from 12.5.0 to 12.5.2

Now the program runs for a few minutes, and suddenly pops up with an Application Error message. I?ve re-installed VectorWorks, first in the same directory, then in a different one, then I downloaded that 53MB update & installed that? still I?m having the problem. Heck, I can just start the program and leave it with a blank document, and it still crashes out on me? the error goes as follows:

The instruction at ?0x05194a7b? referenced memory at ?0x000000028?. The memory could not be ?read?.

Click OK to terminate the program

Click CANCEL to debug the program

(Just for the record, debugging doesn?t do a thing?)

Please let me know what the hell this could be? Does it mean I have to reinstall my Windows XP?

---------

4 answers to this question

We have a similar problem when trying to start VectorWorks (12.5.2) on an IBM Thinkpad T60 w/2GB RAM running Windows XP SP2.

VectorWorks 12.5:VectorWorks.exe - Program error

The instruction at ?0x066900d65? referenced memory at ?0x03e4c000?. The memory could not be ?read?.

Click OK to terminate the program

Click CANCEL to debug the program

We have tested the memory and updated the video driver without any luck.