Trouble moving doors & windows

billtheia

Newbie - I'm having trouble moving doors & windows to a line or guide. I'll occassionally drop a window or door in the wrong place and then try to move it to the right location but I'll lose the wall cut. I'll draw a line or guide across the wall at the correct location. I'll grab the door or window and snap the jamb to the line or guide. The door or window will move but will no longer cut the wall. What am I doing wrong?

Additionally, you will find very comfortable to toggle the symbols insertion in walls on/off with the key "i"

(if you didn't change this in Workspace Editor > Misc. Keys > Mode Groups > 2 ).

* select a door or symbol in wall

* press "i", you'll notice that the "Wall insertion mode" in the data bar disabled/enabled.

If "Wall insertion mode" is enabled, you can take the symbols away from walls, if it is not, you can't. The last option might be more comfortable for precise positioning of your inserted symbols/plug-in objects.

(sorry Pat, this wasn't REALLY meant as a reply to you,

c)

Edited by _c_