Polite and professional tone

"Petri, still in his drunken stupor, confused Leonardo with the Borgias."

"his brain is so completely numb"

"noone [sic] can top it, though the birthday boy is sure to nip at its ankles."

"Petronics"

"Petrisphere"

"Petridish"

and so on.

I'm getting the picture of the required polite and professional tone, Katie!

Not that I'd care, really. Unfortunately, Mr Mullin may now never learn that through the immense black hole he has in place of intelligence, he could enter PetriVerse.

But then again: how fortunate for him and his assorted friends, Dutch, countrymen that they don't! In this universe intelligence reigns and morons - well, are our VectorWorkers and we do not lend our ears to them. Fair is foul, and foul is fair: hover through the fog and filthy air. Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing - double, double toil and trouble for them.

Edited by Petri
Unfortunately, Mr Mullin may now never learn that through the immense black hole he has in place of intelligence, he could enter PetriVerse.

Caution: Petrisphere area. Hazardous emissions present.

Do not poke at the Petrisphere. Poking is futile and potentially addictive.

Before posting a reply, please read warning in technical bulletin #84764.

Caution: Petrisphere area. Hazardous emissions present.

Thank you. You have just verified that you have nothing to contribute but just suffer from intelligence-envy.

Now, I happen to have expertise, experience and skills in more fields than jan15 can count. Not to mention intelligence.

Could someone perhaps point me to the fabulous visions, visionary advice and wise contributions of jan15? Even nebulous visions will do. If none are presented, I must consider jan15 to be simply nefarious. (I use the most positive word I can think of. Being polite and professional, I can't say censored, censored or censored. Stupid? Naww...)

EDIT

Whoops. "in more fields than jan15 can count"

While true, I meant more fields than one. I can't assume that jan15 can count beyond one.

Edited by Petri
Could someone perhaps point me to the fabulous visions, visionary advice and wise contributions of jan15? Even nebulous visions will do.
It's very kind of you to ask. My personal favorite was the explication of quote #27 on the mid-term exam. It's nothing like your own wit, of course, but since you've shown interest I'll post it again for you:

27. I am the most knowledgeable and intelligent user of VW on this forum or anywhere else. Surely there are many & various special areas where I am hardly a novice, but overall no-one beats me. What the great unwashed masses think of me does not concern me. I'm sure that you would be much better off if you'd apply the "Ignore this user" setting for me: I must make you feel totally ignorant and stupid.
Answer: Petri - #74133 - 02/09/07 10:30 AM

This quote is the centerpiece of Petri's oeuvre. It's his manifesto -- a concise yet all-revealing verbal portrait of his struggle and his passion. It captures, in a single flawless paragraph, everything he was trying to tell us in all his other posts.

He came close to the same level of self-revelation yesterday with:

I am always right. If I'm not sure that I am, I won't write, I won't speak. When I do, I am right. Simple, huh?
But although it is simpler than #27, it only gives us Petri triumphant. It doesn't immerse us in his kampf -- his daily suffering through long years of being forced to breathe the same fetid air as the inferior races, and the simultaneous loathing and pity he feels for them.

As a contrast, let's look at an example of Ignatius writing about his greatness and the problems it causes for people who behold it:

As the magnificence and originality of my worldview became explicit through conversation, she began attacking me on all levels, even kicking me under the table rather vigorously at one point. I had fascinated and confused her; in short, I was too much for her.

Well, this jan15 character really seems to be a Person With a Mission. I wonder if he (or she) has ever contributed as his (or her) mission is to demonstrate his (or her) frustration and incompetence time and time again.

Now, in his (or her) world, he (or she) may be most competent. Pity that he (or she) has chosen to use yours truly as his (or her) point of reference, as such a choice will inevitably cause serious frustration.

Re: Polite and professional tone General Discussion jan15 08/29/07 04:33 PM

. Re: Polite and professional tone General Discussion jan15 08/28/07 09:57 AM

. Re: Petrisphere Poking General Discussion jan15 08/25/07 10:41 PM

. Petrisphere Poking General Discussion jan15 08/25/07 03:04 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/25/07 01:00 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/25/07 10:06 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/23/07 08:44 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/22/07 09:37 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/22/07 08:32 AM

. Re: VectorScript objects and IFC VectorWorks VectorScript jan15 08/22/07 08:12 AM

. Re: VectorScript objects and IFC VectorWorks VectorScript jan15 08/21/07 10:29 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/21/07 07:24 PM

Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/21/07 11:41 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/21/07 10:57 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/20/07 07:23 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/20/07 07:03 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 03:30 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 03:13 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 03:07 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 03:00 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 02:52 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 02:46 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 02:36 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 02:22 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 02:06 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 01:51 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 12:24 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/19/07 12:08 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/18/07 10:33 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/18/07 09:05 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/17/07 11:01 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/17/07 02:48 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/17/07 11:55 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/16/07 07:05 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/16/07 09:52 AM

. Re: DWG Export Scale problem DXF/DWG Import and Export Discussion jan15 08/16/07 09:45 AM

. Re: VectorScript objects and IFC VectorWorks VectorScript jan15 08/16/07 07:50 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/15/07 05:33 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/14/07 09:45 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/14/07 03:18 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/14/07 08:49 AM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/13/07 11:25 PM

. Re: New Product- PetriCad 1.0 (The Final Release) General Discussion jan15 08/12/07 10:52 PM

---

Oh dear! He/she seems to have at least once written about something else but yours truly! He/she must then be a Levitating VW Guru/Guruess and an Operating Theta/Thetaess! Hail jan15!

Edited by Petri

bc, you're right. I've got to do something about this addiction before it destroys me. I'll just have to resist the temptation to read or reply to anything from Petri, even that list where he implies that I've made a lot of posts ridiculing him. What an insult!

No. Mustn't do that. I mustn't even mention him or respond in any way. Must resist.... mustn't react.... must think only pure thoughts.... Serenity, now.... Serenity, now.

Petri, you're still not getting the hang of this list-posting technique. You did pretty well this time with the mock-polite introduction, but the list itself needs a lot of work. You can't just post a bunch of URL's with no content or even links, and then a withering "Oh Dear." You're not Marlene Dietrich.

And why should you even try to use lists? Why imitate me? You're so much better when you stick to your own techniques. Can't you think of an ethnic slur about New Jersey, for God's sake?

But if you insist on trying your hand at lists, here are some pointers: You have to include actual text quoted from each post, not just its address, and you have to select and edit, to develop a theme. The selections should all have something in common, and often there's a humorous angle. I'll give you another example:

Being polite and professional, I can't say....

#37784 - So, since you are either poor or stupid - or most likely both - don't expect the world to compensate for your shortcomings.

#51625 - You sure are a prime example of a BS () engineer.

#67848 - Right-o. ArchiCAD leads in McMansion design in North Carolina, so it must be a superior program.

#67869 - .... largely based on the practices and industry conditions of underdeveloped countries such as the USA ....

#67875 - Look, you obviously don't know the first thing about the subject

#67877 - You don't obviously know anything about this aspect, either. .... Everything you have written is totally irrelevant, .... so it might be good for your reputation (if any) if you'd embarrass yourself in something else for a change. .... You have so far managed to demonstrate a deep and profound ignorance on anything related to .... but whatever, go on. I'm sure there are other areas you know nothing of. .... No, you know little and little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing.

#68209 - Blah blah blah to you too.

#69602 - Do you have anything to contribute? .... Can you give ANY answers? Is the berating schoolmistress tone all you can do?

#70893 - I guess I have to welcome a new Finn - who seems to be a foul-mouthed complete idiot directly from a chat room environment. Did Daddy really give you the permission to use the computer and did you really write that yourself, without help from the Sis? Obviously you did because your capitalization, not to mention expression, is pre-school level.

#71277 - Oh dear me! I most humbly and sincerely beg your pardon for missing your mouth when spoon-feeding you.

#73741 - Ah-ha! Got it! You have to click the annoying idiot's name to see his or her details and then you can click "Ignore this user". Oh, good! Now I can get rid of all the Aussie ignoramuses and pompous Californian Masters of Architecture who teach computers at Universities.

#74128 - I think you will be sorely disappointed & immensely humiliated.

#74133 - I am the most knowledgeable and intelligent user of VW on this forum or anywhere else. Surely there are many various special areas where I am hardly a novice, but overall no-one beats me. What the great unwashed masses think of me does not concern me. I'm sure that you would be much better off if you'd apply the "Ignore this user" setting for me: I must make you feel totally ignorant and stupid.

#74137 - Dear me. Stupidity in the UK has no bounds, it seems.

#74615 - It must be tough to be at the bottom of the food chain in a firm where jobs are run by authoritarian bosses.

#74624 - I don't have time for people like you. You know so little that's it not even funny.

#74625 - I am an Archangel and Christiaan is just a humble Serafim. Alternatively, I was there first so what I say, goes.

#74776 - Surely you want to pay for the NNA crap and then also buy my object, don't you? .... Great going. What new fascinating rubbish are we going to get with VW 13?

#76077 - Yes it is. At least in Civilized Countries, perhaps not in the U.S. of A.

#76310 - How wonderful! Where did you get your training at - the Kremlin?

#76314 - What a load of crap

#76316 - The overwhelming majority in either respect could not care less for your political statement. Thank you for your attention and please carry on inspecting your navel-lint.

#76334 - (For speakers of Malayalam, my apologies for sexism - it was intentional and ironic.)

#76397 - Congratulations. You've just been included in my "ignore this user"-list in record time.

#76403 - Yes, my manners are crap always when I have to deal with crap.

#76942 - Look - I don't really care whether you call it RFP, RCP or YMCA. Just make yourself understandable.

#77025 - Tough. This can happen if an incompetent or ignorant user does stupid things.

#77131 - Of course that won't make you a VectorWorks expert, but your life would be a lot better - you'd get rid of dandruff and bad breath and so on.

#77480 - You refer to feet and inches, so you must live in the U. S. of A, the proud herald of obsolete dimensions. Fine, good, excellent! That explains at least the language.

#77493 - Your wish is my command. Ignore this user... Poof! You're gone!

#79140 Well, in that case you are a complete idiot, because you don't understand what I wrote above.

#79312 - So far I have been able to circumvent the various attempts to censor my views on the Tech Board, but the KGB-agents managing the VectorScript mailing list have been able to defeat my attempts to subscribe. I gather that the Tshekists have instructed the System to block my IP-address. ....I have other IP-addresses and could circumvent the Gestapo .... the Powers That Be are ignorant and myopic. .... So long and have fun with VectorToyWorks.

#82557 - It is interesting to note that the "VP Integrated Products" cannot understand or acknowledge any other uses for VW than (McMansion) "architecture".

#83087 - Dear me. You don't know after all. .... More evidence on your profound ignorance. .... I could not care less for irrelevant comments coming from some technological backwater like the Netherlands if it weren't necessary to rectify the disinformation you spread.

#83153 - Fear not, Mr. Scott: you have been on my ignore-list since I established it. I have no interest in reading your stupid comments - you are not even funny in your ignorance as Gerard is.

#83327 - Well, thank you very much for your irrelevant contribution. Obviously Gerard is not the only one who totally misses the point

#83329 - My apologies for being so many decades ahead of London UK, Napier NZ, the Netherlands and an unknown country.

#83557 - Was my original question really too long and complicated for this geek? Dear me! .... The Dutch Genius Gerard "Petri, you are deluded!" Jonker didn't have the faintest idea of the subject but nevertheless decided to let us all know how ignorant he is. .... And then the other ignoramuses joined in to tell that they know even less than Mr. Jonker.

#83906 - For once, I'm not taking a stance or try to demonstrate superior logical, pointy-eared, conceptual thinking. If the Vulcan logic does not work - well, then there's something wrong. .... the muddled, totally stupid & useless classes of NNA PIOs

#84062 - Quoting even the very worst of my posts surely raises your rating from the previous "non-sentient life form" to "able to read, but non-intelligent". Classification still remains as "parasite: unable to sustain itself without a host". .... If you'd rock, I'd additionally classify you as Matopin Rock Fungus, but you don't, so I won't.

#84398 - How fascinating! The ignoramuses & idiots of the Tech Board have found something even remotely useful to do!

#84400 - .... please, demonstrate some mental faculties! Should you have any, you are still missing the point: I am always right. If I'm not sure that I am, I won't write, I won't speak. When I do, I am right. Simple, huh?

#84402 - And of course Solibri is a Finnish software company. Guaranteed to be free of Dutch Intelligence.

#84855 - Unfortunately, Mr Mullin may now never learn that through the immense black hole he has in place of intelligence, he could enter PetriVerse. .... Fair is foul, and foul is fair: hover through the fog and filthy air. Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing - double, double toil and trouble for them.

#84901 - Thank you. You have just verified that you have nothing to contribute but just suffer from intelligence-envy. .... I can't assume that jan15 can count beyond one.

Can't you think of an ethnic slur about New Jersey, for God's sake?

New Jersey? Ethnic? Dear me - I had no idea that you are Ethnic! That surely explains a lot and makes me to humbly apologize for not realising that you are an Ethnically Challenged Person. I do know about your intellectual challenges, though.

Right, let me think.

Would the tired old joke about toxic dumps and lawyers qualify? Would it be Ethnic enough to claim that no-one from New Jersey is able to become even a lawyer? Perhaps all Citizens of New Jersey are toxic dumps?

---

Where, by the way, is this fair country called New Jersey? It does not seem to be a member of the United Nations.

---

Not a country, not a nation. No flag. But Ethnic... Hey - are you perhaps one of the warring tribes of Iraq?

---

What do you know! There is something called the State of New Jersey!

Has any country recognized the sovereignty of New Jersey? What countries have Embassies in your lovely country? What's the official language there? (Your English is not too bad, if I may say so!) Is New Jersey a republic or a monarchy - or perhaps a people's democracy? Do you have free press there? Some exciting and prominent folk dance groups?

Your language - what's it related to? And ethnically, are you Asian, African or what? No, sorry - you must be Anglo-Americans! No other Ethnic group can be THAT stupid!

Edited by Petri

That's very good, Petri. Now you're working from your strengths. Keep developing the class-action insult. And that mental impairment slur is much more subtle and refined this time, a big step up from the old "you're a stupido" approach. I think you still need a little work on controlling the Dear me's and some of the other Marlene Dietrich touches, but that's o.k., you'll get there!

I have to talk to the grown-ups for a while, so you go outside and play, or go up and watch your Beavis and Butt-head tapes.

Time to get serious for a moment. Some people have complained about the prolonged kidding, pointing out that it's not funny after a while. That's true, but I think they miss the point of the Petri humor thread. It's not primarily intended to provide humor. It's primarily a thread dedicated to Petri, whether the tone is humorous or not. Its main purpose is to humor Petri ? to give him the attention he needs, and to provide an outlet for his insults and rages, and for his tedious whining and attempts to wax philosophical. If we don't provide that outlet here, he finds it in the serious discussion threads. You should compare it against that known pattern, when evaluating the humor thread.

Another possible solution, which has been touched on several times, is to eliminate the humor thread and simply ask everyone to ignore Petri's insults. I would prefer that solution, and I actively campaigned for it for a long time; but it hasn't worked. People can't help becoming incensed when they're called 'profoundly ignorant.' They try to defend themselves, sometimes sinking to the same crude level once they discover that a rational argument has no effect on Petri. The resulting brawl disrupts the serious discussion. And consider his attacks on newcomers, who can't know that there's a special protocol.

If we maintain the humor thread, that hazard can be contained in a place where it does less harm. There's no serious discussion to disrupt here. It's all about Petri. And forum users can easily avoid it if they want, confident that they're not missing out on anything. Those who do check in, hoping for a laugh but finding only old material, shouldn't complain. They should be contributing. I'm not paid to come up with fresh humor every day. Contributions don't have to be humorous. I think flattering material about him would work just as well, as I suggested early on in the original humor thread. If you know of any, consider that option. Or discuss some of his issues in a non-comical way.

As evidence that the humor thread works, note that Petri has made only civil posts in the serious discussion threads ever since this venue started. Also, a number of people who formerly dreaded Petri's vicious attacks have learned to laugh at them; so the humor thread appears to offer a kind of inoculation against the threat to the rest of the board.

I am closing and locking this thread.

Once again, I am reminding everyone the purpose of this message board. It is to discuss issues relating to VectorWorks.

Please refrain from creating threads where the focus is not about VectorWorks, the industry, or CAD / drafting practices.