Decompose symbols?

RMorse

How do I go about decomposing symbols so that I can alter them for a specific instance? I don't want that particular symbol to be a symbol in the drawing I'm currently working on.

All the various things I've tried (decompose, convert, unlock, etc.) don't seem to have any affect on it.

-- Richard --

Yes, the name Convert-to-Group is a little hard to connect with what it does. It sounds like it would do what the Group command does. It used to be called Symbol-to-Group, which I thought was easier to figure out. I guess Convert-Symbol-to-Group would be too long.

• 5 years later...

Thank you Ray Libby, I was having problems scaling a nested symbol. Symbols within symbols will not scale correctly and when you try to render the object it gets all mashed up. I double clicked my symbol and 3d edited then CTRL + K 'ed all the symbols within my larger symbol. It works now and I don't have to remodel the whole object at a different scale which would have cost me a bout 5 hours. I can now texture my nurbs surfaces inside the symbol by class attributes. Yesterday I was blowing steam out of my ears but now I am grinning like a cheshire! Luvely Jubbly !

Tim