Wall Cap - Extrude Along Path

mlau

I've created my building model largely without using complex 3d form modeling, (mostly using the PIOs and SketchUp imports).

However, I'm running into an issue when creating a cast stone wall cap.

I've created the cast stone wall cap to this point by drawing a polygon in top/plan then extruding the poly and then setting its elevation using standard view/right or left or front. This works fine until I have a slanted top of wall such is the case when the top of an exterior wall follows the angle of a stair. Ideally I would create a continous form that sits on top of the slanted wall using the wall itself as a guide for the extrude, but i'm pretty sure that this is not possible. I've tried the extrude along path command but the wall is not a usable object, and I have had no luck drawing a line that follows the profile of the wall in 3D. My question is whether I need to create a path for the "extrude along path" command, and if so how do I create this path in 3D? Or is there a different approach that i should try?

Islandmon - Thanks for the reply, great image, quite complex. How did you create the extrude path for the wall cap? I assume that you created the profile of the wall cap using a poly, then somehow extruded the profile along a path based on the existing wall form. My wall form is much more simple but it seems I could you use the same method that you have shown in the image.