kinked 45 degree lines

Hi all.

I'm using vectorworks 12.5 for the first time having come from 10.5. All my 45 degree lines have a kink in the middle which seems to appear/disapear/move depending on the zoom. The other constrained lines, verticle, horizontal and 30 degree are all fine.

I'm unable to check if the kinks appear when printed as i have no access to a printer at the mo. However i did not have this issue with 10.5. I think i checked all boxs relating to smoothness of line but am i mising something or do i just have to live with it.

Many thnaks for any info.

Cheers

if it is a single line, it will print straight- you can try'preview' is you have a mac or create a pdf to check. my guess is that its a screen resolution thing, seeing as you have had it since version 10. check 'zoom line thickness' in vw preferences and see if that helps. my diagonal lines appear wiggly but get straight and crisp when i zoom in close...

Hello Sneeky Gekko,

I too have noticed the same phenomenon on my 17" G4 PowerBook (screen resolution 1440 X 900) but apparently have not experienced any associated problems. Playing around drawing diagonals at different zoom settings leads me conclude that it happens pretty much random. Print-outs do not show the kink.

Got me.

Bob Gyori [17" PowerBook G4/OS10.4.10/VW12.5.2]