Hatch not clickable

While my template file only holds my most common hatches (about 10), I import some on the fly, from a Hatches library file (added to my favorites). This library file was set up long ago, and simply updated with every new VW version (by opening and saving again).

It now seems to me that sometimes, after importing a hatch from it into my active drawing, and after applying it as an associative hatch, my cursor can't "feel" it as a fill - so hovering over this object is like hovering over an unfilled one. Clicking doesn't select it, the Eyedropper tool doesn't pick up anything either.

Unfortunately, so far, I wasn't able to find out what triggers this behaviour. Furthermore, it is file related and doesn't happen all the time. If it does, I haven't found a way to make things work again. And even worse : any new hatches created within the file behave in the same corrupt way. Only good thing : the hatches that are part of my template keep working as to be expected.

Sorry if I make it sound complicated. Anyone have ideas ?

Edited by Gerrit

Thanks for all the comments so far.

@ Ray : sorry, I forgot to mention - but my hatch does have a solid fill.

@ jan15 : hovering over the background fill or the hatch lines doesn't make a difference, neither of them are clickable.

@ Katie : class and layer options should be fine. Force Select (as part of the contextual menu I suppose) needs a Ctrl-click on the object - but because my cursor doesn't see an object, I don't even get the contextual menu. Option-drag over an edge of the object works (obviously, because the border is being selected - as are many unwanted objects?).

For now, I took a new blank file and made a WG Reference. After removing the reference, all objects worked OK - so I could copy/paste them into a new template. Clearly, I'm looking for another way, because now I've lost all sheet layers and viewports :-(

@ islandmon : really sounds like what I'm seeing - and maybe my Hatches Library was created with v10 (but I don't remember). BTW, most names look like codes :

23. M50_2h

I may have been using somewhat strange characters ?

@ Katie : absolutely, without a problem. Seems that every now and then, for a yet unknown reason, the imported hatches become unclickable. BTW : I tried to copy/paste a non-clickable hatch-filled object into a new blank document, and it became clickable. So I still suspect it to be a document-related issue.

It does sound like a doc-specific issue.

Send the file and a description of the problem to tech@nemetschek.net

Was this file created from a template or a file that's been converted over a number of versions?