VW 12.5.2 and the new Mac 10.5

Our office is getting a plan in order to purchase new computers, and I am curious if NNA would release any info on how 12.5.2 is working on Mac 10.5. (I am assuming that NNA has 10.5).

With 10.5 releasing in October and generally new Mac computers will not run any system older than the one they ship with, we are looking at two options. Buying now so we can always run 10.4.X, and test 10.5, or purchasing later down the road, when 10.5 is ironed out.

I know you are going to be tight lipped, but any indication that it runs at with no major problems, or are we going to have to wait for VW 13? to be compatible with 10.5. Multi-core capable with VW13?

Thanks for any insights.

Spinner

• 2 months later...

Hi CRSA,

We ran into several screen redraw problems with VW 11.5 and 12.5.0 and 12.5.2 on OSX 10.5. I'd suggest to go for OSX 10.4 or Upgrade to VW 2008. The latter seems to work fine on Leopard except for some minor installation problems, (workspace doesn't recognize all plug-ins). But that was easily fixed and may have been related to the way the Mac's OSX was upgraded.

Gerard