Problem with Magic Levitating Roof

I just upgraded from VW9.5 to 12.5 so this may be a stupid question.

I'm trying to create an exterior elevation of a house in a Viewport Sheet and the roof is magically levitated above the walls by the same distance as the wall height.

The Mod-Floor Z is 0, Walls are drawn at 9'0" and linked to +Z, and Mod-Roof Z is 9'0".

The roof is in the correct position when I look at Front View in the Design Layers with Layer Options set to Show/Snap Others.

However, it is magically levitated when I look at Front View in the Sheet layers.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the fast reply. It's odd that VW functions this way.

I used the File - Document Settings - Model Setup when I started the drawing and it set the Z for Mod-Roof to 9'0" to match my walls.

I used the Create Roof from Walls function and the default setting for the Bearing Height was 9'0". I entered Pitch and Eave Overhang and VW calculated Eave Height

Should my Mod-Roof design layer have a Z of 0'0"? Or do I use a bearing height of 0'0" when creating roofs?

Neither option makes a lot of sense but I'm still learning to use all the updated features so whatever works...

Joe & Erich, and others. By default (unless changed by the user) VW's will always place your roof layer above your plan layer. So if your plan layer has the values: Bottom Z=0/Delta Z=8', then you roof layer will have the values: Botom Z=8'/Delta Z =8'. So when you are looking at your layers together, with stack layers on (or in model view, or in a layer link), the bearing height of your roof will need to be lowered by the difference in bottom z, otherwise it will appear 8' too high.

To my mind this is very counterintuitive (because in reality my roof bears at the top of the walls, or in this example at 8') and there is an easy way to cure it. I generally set the "z" values of my roof layers to be the same as the "z" values for the plan layers on which the roof bears. This allows me to model my roofs right in the plan layer (if I want to) then cut and paste in place onto the roof layer without losing registration in "z" space.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I set the Z & Delta Z in my Roof layer to the same as the Floor design layer (0'0" & 9'0") and then used a bearing height equal to the wall height (9'0").

It doesn't make sense but it works so I'm happy.

Now if I could just figure out where they've hidden the residential furniture resources in this new version. My client wants to see Beds, Sofa's, etc. in the rooms to provide a sense of scale.

There is a search option in the Resource Browser which allows you to search for objects by name - Find Resources on Disk...

Furniture is in the VectorWorks Basic sub folder in the Objects Sampler sub folder in the Libraries folder. If you have Architect you will find more furniture in the Objects-Imperial and Objects-Metric folders.