Text Too Small

Hello,

I am new to Vectorworks so pleae forgive me if I am missing something obvious. I have imported a .dwg file into Vectorworks 12.5 and now want to edit the drawing. I am able to make all the modifications required but am having trouble with the text function. I have tried a number of options including scaling a new layer to different scales and or magnifications but am unable to increase the size of my text to a readable size. I keep getting the error message "text too small to edit, Zoom in" any help in getting me on the right track will be greatly appreciated.

You can select the text object (or use the Custom Selection command to select all text objects) and then pull down Text > Size and pick a point size or pick Set Size to type one in.

Alternatively, you can select the text object(s) and use the Scale Objects command (with Scale Text selected) to increase the size by a specified factor.

Hi,,

every time something like that has happened to me, it had something to do with me 'Re Scaleing ' the drawing, and missing the 'check box' that has the option of including TEXT and Total Drawing,, so the text got left behind, as most of my imported DWG's come in at 1 inch rather than 1 foot,, so I just scale them up by x12,,,, Only other thing that gets me is if the 'view layer' option has somehow got the text on another layer, and i need to view/select/modify all.. but I never saw 'Too Small" to edit..

i'm new too,, no need to appologize for that, everybody was new once...

Edited by drawwhat?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The idea behind Global Text Attributes is that you can operate on all of the text in the drawing at once. This means you don't have to turn on all of the layers and all of the classes, and then do a Select All, to make everything in the drawing eligible for a text attribute change. And then manually update the text in all of the symbol definitions.

Also, you can selectively change fonts or sizes. For example, you can change all of the text with a 0 or 1 point size to 6, while leaving everything at 8, 9, 10, 12, etc., unchanged. Or you can change all of the text using the @batang font to Arial, while leaving all of the Verdana text unmodified.