Error when updating workgroup ref

mikatoa

Hi

The way we draw in this office is by having the working file and the print file separate. Every time I open the print file this error occurs...[Note the update ref is set to Automatically during opening...]

'An error occurred while converting a Text Link using the Format named "Door Record" (probably out of memory). The Text Link has been deleted from the document.'

To work around this I need to delete the ref symbol and then update the work group ref.when file is open.

Any suggestions.

cbaarch..thanks for the input but we moving off topic. Just need someone who can sort the error out.

Just to let you know our sheet layers with VPs and title blocks are located in the (1) print file. The working files are (separate) drawing files with plans, section, elevation etc etc etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Drake from tech support was very helpful. He noticed my symbol definitions having different records attached to them.

Thanks Heaps Drake.

SOLUTION 1: In edit (stubborn) symbol (without selecting any text or lines) check which records are X in the OIP. De-select any unrelated records. If it doesn't work see Solution 2.

SOLUTION 2: Email tech support.