Obj Info stops working

We are having a seemingly random problem, every once in a while the Obj Info Box just stops working. You select an ojbect or objects and the Object Info Box gets stuck. ie -you select one line that is 10' long on the none class and the Obj Info Box shows 7 objects in the dimension class or you have a polygon 10'x10' stretchit 2' and the data in the Obj Info Box does'nt reflect the change. If you quit Vectorworks and restart, it works but usually once it starts messing up it does it again within the next 5-10 minutes and you have to restart again. Eventually it quits messing up. Out of about 18 computers it has happened to atleast 4. (Usually when you are under an intense deadline) All are Macs on VW12.5.2.

For me, when I get this kind of screwy behavior, I try repairing permissions via the install disc. Sometimes that does it. Since it is happening to several computers at once, there may be a file corruption that is inducing the problem? You might seek help from tech support.

Wavlas,

If running Disk Utility doesn't resolve the issue, try creating a new user account and observing whether the problem persists. It may be a corrupt user account causing the issue.