Worksheet/Plant List

Two questions re. plant lists;

1) I created a hardscape list for such things as a pergola, some

boulders, stepping stones, a grill, all of which are symbols in my Res Brow. The list came out great except it has no heading ie "Hardscape List". I edited it in Preferences but supposedly that's for your 8x11 printed copy to read because it visually does not show up on the dwg.

How do I add one for the list on the dwg? Right now, all it says as a header is "Symbol" and "Qty", and lists the items.

2) On this same dwg, I now have a Plants List and a Hardscape List. I like that. However, on the Plant List, where it states the qty, botanical name, common name such as 3 Acer rubrum Red Maple, I have an extra item on a row stating "Qty, botanical name, common name". (This is not the same row as the top row that define the columns. It is another one.) When I right-click on this row, and pick "Select Item", it brings me to the pergola, a non-plant item.

How do I remove this from the PLANT LIST, without removing it from the

Hardscape List or the dwg itself?

Thanks

The only thing I can think of for #2 is to check if you have the data base headers showing. Click on the arrow in the upper left corner of your work sheet and check if this is marked, if so deselect it. Hope that works.

Did you start off using one of the plant lists supplied in vector works? Such as plant list simple?

I checked to see about the Data Base Headers showing and it is not. Yes, I do usually use the Plant List Simple. I haven't had an easy time creating my own. Too many steps to do..."create report", then going to Res Brow, look for the one I just created, etc etc.

Thanks for all of your help Marietta! I'll try any suggestions. I've been using VW for about a year and taught myself with it with the tutorials, so I'm sure there are many things I don't know yet, but am learning...trial & error can be the best way.

RE: Question #1

You can open the worksheet, select row #1, go to the little triangle at the top left corner and select Insert Row.

This will add a new row at the top of the spreadsheet. You can change the height by clicking in the row number and dragging the row down.

Add your text. Use Format Cells (in the little triangle list) to change borders, change text size and style, alignment, etc.