Batch Render not rendering lighting

MicThorn

Hi all,

I've set up about a dozen or so views that each render fully as one-off, one-at-a-time renders. I'm using quite a few "Accurate Lamps" provided in these scenes, so they take about 1+ hour each.

However, when I set my batch render to start with either Final or a totally stripped-down Custom RW on the bunch, no lighting is present in the final rendered images, as if they had all been turned off.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Micthorn

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem.. when I do a Fast Renderworks the lights show, but there are 4 spotlights that do not show on a Final Renderworks.

Where can I find that preference button jeffroyer talks about? Maybe that is my problem and the "never display" is on, because all the rest is on

thanks!

It is under Preference (under the Vectorworks roll down). Click on the "Display" tab and then on the far right of that view you can change when lights are displayed.

By your description though, I am not sure this is your problem. This effects all lights equally so would not explain why some do not show and others do. Are you rendering in a viewport on a sheetlayer? Make sure the lights that are missing were put on the correct class and that it is on.

One other problem I have encountered are lights that have gone missing on a viewport. I erased the viewport and captured the same view again with the renderworks camera and the lights reappeared.