export dialog box

I have installed VW8.5.1 from scratch on my MacG4 and updated an old MC4+ on my PowerBookG3 with VW8.5.1 (MC4+ since dumped). When Exporting from the MacG4 I get the dialog box with previews, compression options etc. as illustrated in VW help. However, when I export from the PowerBookG3 I only get a small dialog box with no previews, no options etc. I have reinstalled 8.5.1 without success. ANY IDEAS.

Do you mean Exporting image files? If so it sounds like you need the latest version of Quick Time on your G-3. Your G-4 probably came installed with it. You should be able to install it from the VW disk but to get the latest version go to the apple web site.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind, in you only increase the resolution from say 72 dpi to 300 dpi you dont really gain anything. You get the same # of pixels closer together. to really incease the resolution you have to increase the # of pixels. In 3_d the best thing to do is to make your perspetive marque bigger. To change the pixed size in the exports dialogue has been ify in my experience.

Good Luck